With non-surgical skin tightening, therapists can effectively tighten moderately lax or loose skin on the body, helping patients improve their appearance.
In general, non-surgical skin tightening procedures work by using targeted energy to heat deeper layers of skin, which stimulates collagen and elastin production and gradually improves skin tone and texture. Some treatments also affect fibrous tissue to help smooth cellulite. There are numerous FDA cleared skin tightening treatments and technologies on the market; each uses a unique mechanism to achieve the desired result.
Here are the treatments and packages we provide to address loose skin before, during, or after surgery:
- Juliette Rose Package
- Eternity Orchid Package
- Binding Method
- Tape Method
Why consider non-surgical skin tightening?
As we age, production of collagen and elastin—two proteins that help our skin stay plump, firm and smooth—slows down, resulting in areas of lax, sagging skin on the face, neck and body. After having children, aging, losing a substantial amount of weight the elastin fibers in the skin dont allow for the same retraction on its own. If you are bothered by skin laxity, non-surgical skin tightening can help restore a firmer, smoother, more youthful appearance with little to no downtime.
Benefits of non-surgical skin tightening
- Tightens mild to moderately loose skin on the face, neck or body without surgery or scars
- Many treatments can provide a noticeable “lifting” effect
- Little to no downtime is needed
- Very low risk of adverse effects when performed by a qualified provider
- Treatments can be performed in-office or in-home, typically in 1 hour or less
- Results can last up to 1 year
- Results appear gradually over several weeks or months following treatment
- Multiple treatments may be needed to achieve desired results
- Treatment will need to be repeated periodically to maintain results
- Not effective on more advanced skin sagging, such as pronounced jowling or stretched skin following pregnancy or weight loss
Am I a good candidate for non-surgical skin tightening?
Non-surgical skin tightening is generally best suited for patients who are bothered by mild to moderate loose skin. While there are very few serious side effects associated with non-surgical skin tightening, it may not be appropriate for patients who are pregnant, taking certain medications, or have certain medical conditions. If you have any concerns you may want to review your options with your Primary Care Physician.